Site: Lake Zorinsky
Event Details: Join us for the 5th Annual HEALing Embrace HEALs To The Pavement For Pregnancy & Infant Loss!
This 5k run - 1 mile walk is to raise money for pregnancy and infant loss. An estimated 1 in 4 women will experience this type of loss and statistically today 71 mothers will give birth to a baby born not alive. Finding support while coping with this type of loss can be very difficult in our community. HEALing Embrace was created in honor of babies born silently to pregnancy or passed away before their first birthday. Between the two founders, 7 babies have left them too soon. HEALing Embrace is a desginated fund through the Midlands Community Foundation and the goal is to support familes that are grieving the loss of their children through financial aid to help cover medical and funeral expenses, postpartum care and grief counseling. HEALing Embrace also provides FREE grief resources, weighted birthday bear and care packages, certified bereavement support and photography. We walk with families prior, during and after the birth of their precious baby in the hospital and home to help provide them the best support possible.
Our mission to HEAL - Helping Everyone After Loss - would not be possible without your arms wrapped around these families and showing your support. We would love to have you join us this year for another encouraging, impactful and touching event!
Some Things You Can Look Forward To This Year:
- A beautiful display of our sweet babies being remembered
- Remembering and embracing our warrior moms and dads
- Light up the Night in honor of our warrior families and babies cherished - details TBA
- Colored picture of your baby on the individual sign with memory dates
- Fantastic music
- Delicious food - TBD
- Supportive vendors
- Safe community of family and friends coming together for such a significant cause
- Silent auction/raffle
- Kids Tot Trot
- Kids Activities - TBA
- A place to rest your heart and mind and be in the presence of those who love and support you
- TEAM FUNDRAISING! You'll have the opportunity to create your own team and compete with others raising money for a cause!
- Awards will be given at the event for most money raised, most participants per team and best created team shirts!